This Research and Studies Section is presented by Utopia Silver Supplements as a part of our Silver Bulletin e- News Magazine. The Studies posted here were not performed by Utopia Silver Supplements and we have no related research or studies of our own to determine their validity.
Following are a number of clinical studies concerning the use of silver in various forms, from silver anti-microbial wound dressings to anti-microbial silver polymer for the treatment of venous leg ulcers to the use of ionic silver to promote healing.
- Gibbins, Bruce Ph.D., AcryMed, Inc., Portland, OR April 2000
Pre-clinical and Clinical Evaluation of a New Silver Anti-Microbial Chronic Wound Dressing “
- Nametka, Mary, RN, MSN, CS CWS, WCN, Associates in Wound Care, Kenosha, WI Oct. 2000
A Hydrophilic Silver Antimicrobial Wound Dressing for Site Preparation and Maintenance of Human Skin Equivalent Grafts to Venus Leg Ulcers: Technical and Clinical Considerations
- Nametka, Mary, RN, MSN, CS CWS, WCN , Associates in Wound Care, Kenosha, WI May 2001
- Antimicrobial Silver Polymer Contact Layer for Treatment of Venous Leg Ulcers
- Nametka, Mary, RN, MSN, CS CWS, WCN , Associates in Wound Care, Kenosha, WI June 2001
Clinical Protocol for use of Absorbent Silver Antimicrobial Polymer Dressings
- Nametka, Mary, RN, MSN, CS CWS, WCN , Associates in Wound Care, Kenosha, WI April 2002
Silver Antimicrobial Hydrophilic Dressing Benefits Management of Recurrent Non-healing Wounds
- Nametka, Mary, RN, MSN, CS CWS, WCN , Associates in Wound Care, Kenosha, WI Sept. 2002
Silver Antimicrobial Absorbent Wound Dressing Can Contribute to Cost Control in Home Care
- Smith, Latisha M.D ., Ostomy Wound Management, Feb. 2003
Clinical Experience using Silver Antimicrobial Dressings on Venous Stasis Ulcers
- Gibbins, Bruce Ph.D., Ostomy Wound Management, Feb. 2003
The Antimicrobial Benefits of Silver and the relevance of Microlattice Technology
- Rose, Susan RN, BSN, CWOCN , Gentiva Health Services, Tuscon, AZ. April 2003
Importance of Assessment and Wound Bed Preparation in the Treatment of Chronic Wounds
- Paz-Altschul, Oscar M.D., FACS , Desert Regional Medical Center, Palm Springs, CA April 2003
Silver Microlattice Uses in Chronic Wound Care
- Tamulonis, Ruth RN, MS, CWOCN , Marshalltown Medical & Surgical Center, Marshalltown, IA April 2003 The Use of a Unique Delivery Method of Ionic Silver: A Case Series
- Brandy, J. Christopher, MD, FACS, Caromont Wound Center Gastonia, NC April 2003
Understanding the Role of Ionic Silver in Wound Bed Preparation
- Tamulonis, Ruth RN, MS, CWOCN , Marshalltown Medical & Surgical Center, Marshalltown, IA June 2003 A Paradigm Shift in Wound Management
- Trowsdale, Helen RN, BSN and Olveda, Mary RN, BSN A-Plus Family Care, SanAntonio, TX
Meeting the Challenges for Wounds in Home Care with a Silver Amorphous Hydrogel and Collagen
- Agbim, Salome ND CNS APRN BC and Miner, Kimberly ND CNS CWCN Wound Care Associates, Englewood, CO Bioburden Control through the use of Silve Anti-moicrobial Gel on Contaminated Stage IV Pressure Ulcer
- McCord, Shannon MS, RN, CPNP, CNS, CCRN, WOCN, and Bookout, Kimberly BSN, RN, CWOCN, and McLane, Kathleen MSN,RN, CPNP, CWCN, COCN, and Helmrath, Michael MD Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, TX June 2004 “Use of Silver Dressing with Neonatal Abdominal Evisceration”
- Marjorie Groom, RN, CWOCN, MSHCA, DAPWCA, Memorial Hosptial Belleville, IL April 2005 “Enhancing Venous Leg Ulcer Health with an Ionic Silver Hydrogel”
- Barbara Conway Salerno, RN, BSN, CWOCN, Eddy Visiting Nurses, Troy, NY April 2005 “The Use of Controlled-Release Ionic Silver Hydrogel in the Management of Chronic Wounds”
- Vickie Shuffitt, PT, Scott Hoskinson, MD and Carol Matsumoto, RN, CWOCN Wound Care Program, Maui Memorial Medical Center, Wailuku, HI “Silver Antimicrobial Hydrogel Eradicates Bioburden and Hastens Discharge for Acute Care Facility”
- Gibbins, Bruce PhD and Karandikar, Bhalchandra PhD AcryMed, Inc., Portland, OR July 2005 “Novel Silver Antimicrobial Treatment”
- Susan Girolami, BSN, RN, CWOCN Therapy Support, Inc., Cincinnati, OH April 2006 “Combining Ionic Silver Wound Hydrogel and Negative Pressure for Limb Salvage”
- Cameron Field, DPM and Kenneth Morgan, DPM HealthOne Alliance Presbyterian/St. Lukes, Denver, CO April 2006 “External Fixation Pin Care Protocol Utilizing Ionic Silver Site Dressings”
- Mary Webb, RN, BSN, MA, CIC San Mateo Medical Center, San Mateo, CA April 2006 “Use of Ionic Silver and Collagen to Reduce Bioburden and Promote Healing for Improved Quality of Life in a Complex Patient”
Man’s knowledge of and use of silver is as old as mankind’s history and there has been volumes of research on silver for many decades. Alfred B. Searle, the founder of Searle Pharmaceuticals, which later became Monsanto Chemical Co., did scientific studies on silver and wrote a book about his research in the 1920s. Anyone claiming that credible research has not been done concerning silver is either intentionally lying or is simply ignorant of the truth and should not be in anything resembling a position of authority.
To view a Silver Research Bibliography assembled by Dr. A. Bart Flick, the developer of Silverlon, click here.
Utopia Silver Supplements, its’ ownership, management and employees do not assume the role of representative, fiduciary or surety on behalf of any person(s) or individual(s) unless expressly agreed to in writing with full disclosure. Anyone purchasing our supplements and/or products is presumed to be a responsible adult with certain God-given and non-negotiable rights who are making an informed decision about their healthcare.
The products we offer are dietary supplements and no statements contained herein this website or in any material or communication generated by Utopia Silver Supplements are to be construed as claims or representations that any of our products are offered as drugs for the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of any disease.
We do not give “medical” advice and have no doctors on staff. Anyone desiring to purchase drugs or who has a life threatening health issue should consult a licensed healthcare professional. We also recommend that you do comprehensive research about any dietary supplement you are considering for use before accepting our opinions or the opinions of anyone else.
within The State of Texas, The United States of America
All Rights Are Reserved, Without Prejudice. Legal Notice
Common Law Copyright, 2016
Categories: Silver Science