Feb 20, 2017; by Briana McDonald; (UtopiaSilver.com) One in four men over the age of 30 will notice a dip in their testosterone levels; this is known as “Hypogoadism” or “low T”. As men age, testosterone levels will decrease and can increase the risk of health issues such as heart problems, depression, osteoporosis and dementia. You can supercharge your body by boosting testosterone naturally by making some simple lifestyle changes, incorporating a few supplements, and having a balanced diet.
- Decrease in sex drive
- Lack of energy
- Decrease in strength/endurance
- Height reduction
- Mood swings
- Erectile dysfunction
Our habits create the person we are today. Making a few tweaks in our daily routine can make a big impact on how we feel over time.
- Get plenty of sleep – test levels can plummet 40 percent by having poor sleep quality
- Ditch the Alcohol- alcohol should be avoided when trying to increase testosterone levels. Healthy, normal men will have a 20 percent drop in testosterone when consuming alcohol and chronic alcoholics with extensive liver damage will have as much as a 50 percent loss in testosterone and can become feminized (lose facial and pubic hair and become impotent.
- Take supplements that aid in sleep such as zinc, vitamin b6 and magnesium.
Eating a well balanced diet, with 85 percent of your energy sources coming from fruits and vegetables while 15 percent comes from animal protein and cooked foods is ideal. Be sure to have a lot of color in your diet that’s high in fiber and nutrients. Good sources of fiber include fresh raw veggies, apples, oats, and whole grains. Broccoli and cauliflower contain natural ingredients that help the body to eliminate estrogen and thus, level out testosterone. You will want to avoid foods that are high in saturated, hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated fats, including red meat, butter, margarine, shortening and refined vegetable oils. Eliminate all junk and processed foods from your diet as well, not only are they in general unhealthy and lack nutrition, they contain chemicals that may interfere with the pituitary gland and affect sexual performance and testosterone levels. 3.
Mainstream methods of increasing testosterone are medicines that are derived from non-people species such as animal or insect pheromones which is very skeptical. It would make more sense in my opinion to increase the production of your own pheromones with a more natural means to improve overall health.
Vitamin D– similar to zinc, vitamin D can also regulate testosterone levels. A deficiency of vitamin D can cause low estrogen in women and lower testosterone in men.
Zinc– studies have shown that zinc, in addition to a healthy diet, is known to increase testosterone levels especially in males that are deficient in this mineral.
DHEA– take 25 to 50mg daily, DHEA is the precursor hormone to testosterone.
Magnesium– our bodies need magnesium for many different biochemical processes and the majority of Americans are deficient in this miracle mineral. This miracle is known as natures “muscle relaxer” and can help aid in sleep.
Orchex– rebuilds and supports healthy testicular function, the balanced function of the central nervous system, encourages mental clarity, lessens depression, enhances the ability to relax, and allows greater adaptability to stresses, helping to maintain emotional balance.
Drenamin – designed to rebuild the adrenal glands which are essential for the proper production of sex hormones. Adrenal glandulars have been used for many years by natural doctors to help those plagued with adrenal exhaustion or “burnout,” a common result of today’s lifestyles.
Enzymes –when used systemically is one of the best ways to open veins and capillaries to enhance blood flow throughout the body. Healthy blood flow is essential for proper sexual function as erectile dysfunction (ED) is caused in part if not primarily by reduced or restricted blood flow.
- The Chinese herb FO TI is used in Oriental Medicine as an aphrodisiac and for longevity. The Chinese name is HOSHOU WU. It has been used to treat impotency and to turn back the clocks of aging. 2.
- Maca Root – plant in the radish family that grows high in the Andes Mountains at elevations above 10,000 ft. helps to increase libido. Take 500mg 3x daily to improve sexual desire and performance
- Muira puama- South American shamans and healers have used this plant from the Brazilian rainforest for generations, it is also known as “potency wood” and is also used as an aphrodisiac. Take 500mg 3x daily.
You can boost your testosterone levels naturally by implementing one or several of the above mentioned herbs and nutrients. The body works synergistically so you generally tend to see results faster with combined therapies. Exercise is also an important part of all of our lives as it helps to stimulate blood flow, reduce stress and unclog arteries. You should also avoid smoke or second hand smoke as nicotine is a well known cause of impotence (which usually stems from low testosterone levels.)