By Briana McDonald (UtopiaSilver.com) Strep throat is caused from a bacteria from the A streptococcus group and some strains of bacteria can cause more pain and illness than others. Although they feel similar in nature, strep throat is not the same as a sore throat. Before treating it is important to get a diagnoses. Most doctors will quickly write a script for some antibiotics, and while some cases are more severe than others, there are several home remedies that are effective for treating strep throat and do not require antibiotics.(Especially since antibiotics destroy our gut flora that is very precious not to be disturbed! Especially with developing children as this condition is known to affect.) Following are what I consider some of the most effective remedies for strep throat.
- Colloidal Silver:
Silver is mankind’s oldest natural antibiotic and is safe and effective to use for adults AND for little ones. Some consider Silver it an antiseptic and not an antibiotic because it kills bacteria, destroys viruses, and eliminates fungal infections. But while colloidal silver can destroy even antibiotic resistant pathogens, so far bacteria that are resistant to silver haven’t developed.
Keep in mind that while antibiotics don’t touch viruses and funguses, colloidal silver eliminates them.
It eliminates anaerobic pathogens by destroying the enzymes that fend off oxygen molecules, thus oxidizing them to death. Conversely, the silver nano-particles neutralize the minority of aerobic pathogens by disrupting their ability to use oxygen.
This begs the question; will colloidal silver destroy friendly gut bacteria the way pharmaceutical antibiotics do? (1.)
New Knowledge That Eases Those Concerns can be read here which further explains the intellegence within Silver that kills off harmful bacteria while preserving the good. 2.
Read these real testimony’s from real people who used silver to treat strep throat and other conditions.
- Apple Cider Vinegar:
One of the most common used home remedies for strep throat is the amazing Apple Cider Vinegar. Taking raw apple cider vinegar as quickly as you can will prevent the bacteria from multiplying and will make you find relief quickly.
Blend 1/4 of 1 tsp of ACV combined with one glass of water and drink often throughout the day to get rid of bacteria. (I personally like to use 1 ounce of ACV as I don’t mind the taste)
Honey is an antiseptic agent which acts as a bandage for the throat. Always use raw honey, from a trusted source. Otherwise, you may eat a lot of sugar or artificial fructose, as many so-called “producers” add these ingredients to the honey to make it cheaper. In the end, this kind of honey will have no effect on your strep throat. Whenever your throat is bothering you, take one teaspoon of honey. (3.)
- Whiskey & Lemon:
While it is usually better to stay clear of alcohol when you are sick, whiskey may help you in this instance. It acts as a painkiller due to it’s mild sedative effect. Lemon and honey are also beneficial for your ailment because of the amount of Vitamin C and the antibacterial effect.
You will need:
- 1-2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 ounces of fine whiskey
- 4 ounces of hot water
- Pour the whiskey in a heatproof recipient.
- Add the honey and stir well until it totally dissolves.
- Mix in the lemon juice.
- Heat all this mixture in the microwave for no more than one minute. It should be hot, but make sure you don’t bring it to the boiling point.
- Enjoy, if you can. If not, skip the water, reduce the alcohol amount and only mix the remaining ingredients. Knock back the shot and wait for it to take action.
- Garlic Tea:
Seeing as you probably won’t be having any hot dates anyway with that strep throat, you won’t have to worry about the bad breath side affect of garlic tea and only reap it’s benefits! Allium sativum is a natural antibiotic and has been used since the dawn of time to treat different conditions and keep away viruses and bacteria. It contains allicin, a compound which can chase away and even kill the germs, making it one of the best vegetables you can use in all kinds of strep throat home remedies.
You will need:
- 4 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 tall glass of water
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- Add the water to a small pot and let it reach the boiling point.
- Insert the cloves and cook for one minute. Lower the temperature and let cook for another four to five minutes.
- Get the pot out of the stove and let the tea cool for five minutes more. Meanwhile, you may inhale the steam because they are also beneficial. They can kill bacteria which travel from nose to throat and prevent it from spreading.
- Strain the garlic through a sieve and put the cloves aside. If you like the taste, you may eat them as well.
- For a better taste, add one teaspoon of honey to the tea and enjoy your drink. Honey has an antibacterial effect and will ease the pain in your throat.
- The more garlic tea you drink the faster you will get rid of a strep throat.