Jan. 7, 2019; by Briana McDonald (UtopiaSilver.com) We all know how uncomfortable earaches are and when left untreated, they can cause some serious problems. Conventional treatments typically include multiple trips to the doctor, prescription antibiotics, painkillers and sometimes even surgeries which can damage the eardrum. Thankfully, there are multiple ways that are often more effective to heal ear aches and infections naturally with far less side effects.
What Causes Ear Infections?
There are a number of causes behind ear infections but most of the time, it is the small conduit in the ear called the eustachian tube that becomes infected and blocked by inflammation. In small children ear infections are more common because the eustachian tubes are very tiny and have not yet hardened. They are also easily irritated and penetrated by viral or bacterial pathogens.
An ear infection of the middle ear can also be caused by a bacteria or virus. Most of the time infections occur in the middle ear which is the air filled space between the ear drum and the oval window of the ear. This part of the ear is responsible for transmitting sound from the outer ear to the inner ear. Even though bacteria is most likely the cause of a middle ear infection it can also be caused by a virus. (1)
Symptoms of an Ear Infection
- throbbing or pulsing in the ears especially with movement or during sleep
- a red or inflamed eardrum
- itchiness in the ear
- pain around the ears
- crying and head shaking or rubbing in children
- fluid leaking from the ears
- sensory changes like loss of balance, nausea and vertigo (2)
Heal an Earache Naturally
– silver keeps things simple for us as it is one of the most effective cures for ear infections and comes in a liquid form which makes it easy to drop into the ear with a standard eyedropper. And unlike conventional antibiotics which only work against certain strains of bacterium, Colloidal Silver kicks butt against ALL pathogens or viruses. I can’t even count the times it hasn’t worked for my family and I.
– probiotics will help to boost the immune system which will also help to prevent ear infections from occurring in the first place. You can take probiotic supplements or you can eat fermented foods such as kimchi, kombucha, and yogurt.
– a 2017 study found that the risk of chronic otitis media with effusion can be decreased by increasing serum levels of vitamin d through sun exposure and dietary intake of vitamin d as well as supplementation. (2)
– being that ear pain is often the symptom of inflammation, mega dose (4-6 capsules) digestive enzymes taken on an empty stomach 2-3 times per day can be one of the most effective ways to reduce ear pain.
Foods to Avoid:
Potential food allergens can make earaches even worse and should be avoided such as dairy, gluten, shrimp and peanuts. Sugar also reduces immune function and encourages inflammation so it is best to limit consumption to it as much as possible.
Best Supplements for Ear Infection
Garlic Oil: garlic oil ear drops – two drops warmed in ear daily to help fight infection and inflammation
: 10 mg two times a day for those older than two years old. zinc has been shown to boost immune function and promote healing
1,000 mg 3 times daily for adults and 500 mg two times daily for children 6 to 12 years of age. Vitamin c enhances immune function and lowers inflammation (4)
Briana McDonald-is a natural health writer and contributor to the Silver Bulletin e-News Magazine (Utopia Silver Supplements). She does free-lance health article writing as well as website and ad design.
([©] CLCR/TM (Common Law CopyRight/Trademark) (Jan. 7, 2019) Common Law Copyright claimed by the owners and principles of UtopiaSilver.com and Skonestein, Int’l. This article may be republished without written permission with all credits and links.)