Laboratory Hair Mineral Analysis & Consultation
with Dr. Ken O’Neal, ND & MD
- Hair Sample Instructions
- Hair Sample Weigh Scale
- Health Questionnaire
- Laboratory Hair Analysis
- Detailed Report
- 1 hour phone interpretation and consultation with Dr. Ken ONeal, MD/ND
What is a Hair Mineral Analysis?
Trace mineral analysis is a test which measures the mineral content of your hair. Mineral content of the hair reflects the mineral content of the bodys tissue. If a mineral deficiency or excess exists in the hair, it usually indicates a mineral deficiency or excess within the body, or bio-unavailability.
Examples: If your hair reveals an elevated calcium level two or three times normal, then your calcium level within the body may be elevated also. If this is the case, a strong tendency exists for Arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries due to calcium plaque buildup) and/or Arthritis (caused by excess calcium being deposited in the joints.
If your calcium level is low, then a tendency exists toward Osteoporosis (demineralization of bone), increased tendency to bone fractures, dental cavities, periodontal disease, and muscle cramps, etc.
Various mineral imbalances, as revealed by hair analysis, frequently lead to metabolic dysfunctions before any symptoms become manifest. Therefore if you can predict such a dysfunction, it may be correctable before it develops into a full blown health problem.
Conditions Which May Lead to or Be Aggravated by a Mineral Imbalance:
Depression • Hypoglycemia • Hyperactivity • Headaches • Hypertension • Arthritis • Hair Loss • Anemia • Thyroid Disturbance • Prostate Disorders • Digestive Disturbance • Diabetes • Musculo-Skeletal Disorders • Cardiovascular Disease • Skin Rashes • Emotional Problems • Allergies
Why Should I Do a Hair Mineral Analysis?
Anyone who is found ill and no explanation can be found, or when the cause seems to be found but the therapy is not wholly effective. Hair analysis opens up a whole new vista for the solving of your own particular problem by recognizing your biochemical individuality.
Even if you are not experiencing a severe problem, abnormal changes in body chemistry and nutritional deficiencies may result in early subtle changes in the body such as:
- White spot in fingernails- indicates a possible zinc deficiency.
- Longitudinal ridging in nails- indicates an iron deficiency.
- Brittle hair and nails calcium and copper imbalance.
- Deep Groves across nails- calcium deficiency.
- Stretch Marks- zinc deficiency.
- Lack of growth- zinc deficiency.
- Mood Swings- Possible toxic metal accumulation such as lead, mercury, or cadmium.
The above indicators are early signs of metabolic disturbances and may lead to serious problems if left unchecked.
Common Causes of a Mineral Imbalance:
- Improper diet such as excessive in-take of refined carbohydrates and sugars, strict vegetarian diets or other exclusive diets.
- Taking vitamins and minerals which are not compatible with your current body chemistry.
- Birth control pills.
- Accumulation of toxic metals from the environment, job or hobby
- Inheritance of mineral patterns from parents
Hair analysis is an invaluable screening tool which allows a correct program of diet and supplementation to be designed for each individuals specific needs. Never before has there been available a metabolic blueprint with such a degree of applicable scientific accuracy. For further information, see your naturopathic doctor or nutritional consult.
Did you know?
- Womens premenstrual headaches are often caused by to much copper in their system.
- Arthritis pain can be caused by lead, cadmium, or mercury poisoning
- Eating the wrong diet can contribute to conditions such as constipation, diverticulosis, and even heart dieses.
- Taking too much of any one vitamin or mineral can be harmful
- Too much vitamin C can actually make an infection worse, in certain metabolic types.
- Hair analysis is the most efficient means of determining exactly what vitamins and minerals you do need.
- Adolescent acne can be caused by lead, or copper poisoning, as well as a zinc deficiency.
- Approximately 80% of our population lacks the enzymes and natural stomach acids to digest their foods.
- Hyperactive children often have too much lead in their systems.
- Obesity is frequently cause by chronic blood sugar problems
- Mercury toxicity is in the mothers system can kill her unborn child.
- Magnesium supplements may prevent brain damage of alcoholics.
- The male Prostate gland contains more zinc than any other organ in the body; because of this adequate zinc levels are important for male potency.
- Diuretics often prescribed for patients with high blood pressure and heart trouble can decrease your potassium supply.
(Please allow 1-3 weeks for results. If the lab is exceptionally busy, it may on rare occasion take 4 weeks.)
For further information about the hair analysis, Contact Us.