By Briana McDonald; (UtopiaSilver.com) Take a moment to breathe deeply, scanning your body for any signs of tension or pain. Do you feel anything? Guide your breath to those places and relax some more. Continue this breath for a few more cycles and ask yourself, “Can I feel inflammation in my body?” Really take a moment to see if you can. It’s silent, it’s sneaky, and your brain doesn’t send signals of pain when you experience internal inflammation, but just like an abrasion on your skin that becomes inflamed to heal properly, so does your internal world. Let’s talk a little bit about why it’s important to eliminate inflammation and how to do it. Inflammation is the body’s way of protecting itself from harmful stimuli, such as bacteria and viruses. Short term inflammation is beneficial and necessary, but the long term inflammation is not good and is associated with many chronic illnesses. What is causing all of this? Probably all of your favorite things, but if you can eliminate these, you can eliminate inflammation for good!
Signs you may be inflamed:
- Weight gain
- Brain fog
Sources of inflammation:
- Refined sugar
- Refined flour
- Processed foods
What you can do about it:
- Change your diet– it’s not surprise that the further you deviate from nature the more issue’s you experience. Aim to eat more veggies, fresh fruit, seeds, grains and wholesome sources of energy. “If you can’t grow it, don’t eat it!”
- Baby Steps– old habits die hard, and change can take time. Try to eliminate one thing at a time that you know is not nourishing to you and take note of the difference you feel. Some can quit everything cold turkey, others can’t. There is no right or wrong way to do it, you just have to start moving in the right direction and it becomes easier with time. I promise.
- Mediate- make time for your well being! 10 minutes of focused breathing in the morning and in the evening can make a huge impact in your overall health! Don’t believe me? Try it! It’s free and it’s awesome. You can even set a timer on your phone to go off at random times during the day to remind you to take 10 deep belly breaths, you don’t have to sit cross legged in lotus for 4 hours to reap it’s awesome benefits!
- Sleep– cut back on stimulants altogether if you can, but if you choose not to, try not to consume any several hours before bedtime. Sleep in total darkness and make sure your neck is well supported to ensure proper spinal alignment. Do not sleep on your arms or hunched over in a ball, let the energy through your body flow without restriction. Aim for 6-8 hours if possible.
- Cut back on Cardio– sometimes we can over exercise and end up taking steps backwards rather than forwards. 20-30 minutes of interval training 3 times a week or something as simple as walking is more beneficial than an hour of running.
- Fast for a day– there are many benefits of fasting as it gives the digestive system a rest so the body’s energy can be focused on healing rather than digestion. Drink plenty of water and relax, don’t plan a busy day on a day you choose to fast. Fasting for a 24 hour period once a week does amazing things for the body!
- Up Your Vitamin C Intake– large doses of vitamin c drowns inflammation and provides a wide range of health benefits.
Remember that your body is smarter than you are, and if you give it the right tools it can perform miracles! Eliminate inflammation for good, take your power back and enjoy life to its fullest!
Categories: Briana McDonald