July 13, 2018; By Briana McDonald (UtopiaSilver.com) Essential oils are a wonderful way to seek comfort from a variety of health conditions. For thousands of years many cultures have used these healing plant oils for relaxation, cleaning the home, natural healing, and improving mental and emotional well being. This beginners guide for using essential oils will serve as a tool to deepen your healing journey and show you the different ways essential oils can be used.
- combat the common cold and flu
- reduce pain
- balance hormones
- improve digestion
- reduce the appearance of cellulite and wrinkles
- disinfect your home
- heal skin issues
- relax and soothe sore muscles
- alleviate depression
Most Popular Essential Oils and Their Health Benefits
- Lavender: Aids in relaxation, improves mood and helps heal burns and cuts.
- Eucalyptus: Improves respiratory issues like bronchitis, sinusitis and allergies and helps to purify the body.
- Clove: antibacterial, anti-parasitic and antioxidant protection.
- Lemon: exceptional to use in homemade cleaning products, is an amazing antibacterial tool.
- Oregano: Powerful antimicrobial properties, can kill fungus and kick a cold right in the kisser.
- Tea Tree Oil: natural anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, reduces bad odors and helps to stimulate the immune system.
- Sandalwood: improves libido, natural aphrodisiac
- Myrrh: natural antiseptic and can help to reduce infections and reduce inflammation of skin cells. (2)
- Cypress: Improves circulation, reduces varicose veins, lifts mood and confidence and can help heal from broken bones. (3)
- Ginger: reduces inflammation, supports the joints, improves digestion and relieves nausea. (4)
- put 10 drops rosemary oil and 5 drops lavender oil onto different areas of your scalp
- gently massage for 2 minutes into the scalp
- put a hot towel around your head and sit for 20 minutes
- wash your hair with natural homemade shampoo
- 1 1/2 cups (1 can) coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups liquid castile soap
- 40 drops lavender essential oil
- BPA-free plastic dispenser bottle
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl.
- pour mixture into a bottle
- shake bottle well before each use
Briana McDonald-is a natural health writer and contributor to the Silver Bulletin e-News Magazine (Utopia Silver Supplements). She does free-lance health article writing as well as website and ad design.
(© (July 13, 2018) Common Law Copyright claimed by the owners and principles of UtopiaSilver.com and Skonestein, Int’l. This article may be republished without written permission with all credits and links.)
Tags: Aromatic Therapy, beauty aid, Beginners Guide for Using Essential Oils, Briana McDonald, Common Uses for Essential Oils, essential oils, HAIR GROWTH, hOMEMADE sHAMPOO, plant extract, Silver Bulletin e-News Magazine